Monday, May 4, 2009

Worm Farms

I hate worms! I really hate worms. I must have been about five when my brother traumatized me by throwing a worm on my leg and then laughing hysterically when the worm stuck to my leg. I stood there screaming and do you think he helped? Not a chance. YUCK!

Guess what? The boys love worms. Lucky me. I am starting to come around, but I still think they are gross.

We made a small worm farm in a plastic cup about a week ago and even I'll admit it was cool to watch them dig holes. So today, we made a BIGGER, better worm farm.

It is super simple to make. In a see through container alternate layers of dirt and sand, put worms inside, top with dead leaves and a black cloth, then watch them go to town!

If you feel a burning desire to learn more about worms, we (and by we, I mean the boys) like this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment