Monday, January 19, 2009

Money

Money War


This has been all the rage around here today.

It is a good old fashioned game of war. Two players each are dealt an equal number of cards. Both players turn over one card at a time, the player with the highest value wins those cards. The player who ends up with all of the cards is the winner.

I used
money stickers and pocket chart cards to make this. Simple! I also used a printout from the 1+1+1 blog.

I started rather simple, just pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters; but Dylan mastered the coin names and denominations right after a few games. Today, I added pennies to some of the nickle cards and I think I'll double some of the coins for tomorrow.

Sorting Coins
I left the tray out today to see what would happen and both boys worked on it a few times, together.

Here is how it looked at the end of the day......

No comments:

Post a Comment